Yieldmo’s Multi-format Spring Campaign On Point for Mega-Retailer
Who: A top-10 U.S. retailer
When: Spring 2018
- Retailer wanted to drive high Return on Ad Spend (ROAS) against in-store sales of Spring-Season decor and clothing
- Viewability (measured by MOAT)
- Site Visits
Strategy: Leverage Yieldmo’s innovative, mid-funnel ad formats combined with 1st party audience targeting to reach highly engaged customers, drive site visits and sales (both on site and in-store)
- Overall ROAS came in at 23% above the benchmark set by the brand and 30% above campaign average
- Sales Per Impression (SPI) came in 7% higher than average campaign performance
- Site visits: CTR outperformed Yieldmo’s benchmark by 30%
- Scroll rate outperformed Yieldmo’s benchmark by 60%
One of the nation’s largest retailers was looking for compelling ways to reach their target audiences contextually to drive sales during the Spring season. We leveraged Yieldmo’s patented ad-formats, all created with the consumer experience and brand equity in mind.
Yieldmo connected with 8M people on their mobile devices over the course of the campaign:
- ROAS was 23% better than the campaign goal according to the brand’s independent attribution platform
- Viewability was 30% greater than the MOAT Mobile Viewability benchmark
- People spent an average of 9.5 seconds viewing and engaging with the Yieldmo ad formats, 5% higher than the average time spent with mobile ads (MOAT)
- Efficient impression delivery led to 7% higher Sales Per Impression (SPI) than the campaign average.
- CTR outperformed internal benchmarks by 30%
- 13% of all impressions drove intentional engagements with the Yieldmo ad formats in the form of scrolling up and down - 60% above internal benchmarks
THE AD FORMATS
Three of Yieldmo’s best-performing, high engagement-driving formats were used for this campaign:
- Hyperscroller - a video is transformed into 20 frames of animation where users control the speed and sequence as they scroll, leveraging the natural behavior of a person scrolling down a mobile webpage. The ad featured the retailer’s logo and holiday-specific elements.
- Carousel - Swipeable format showcasing a range of offerings and best performing products in a horizontal layout.
- Window - Using position-aware technology and a parallax effect, a vertical image reveals different parts based on user scroll.
Our unique ads respect the user experience, provide pre-click engagement data, and lead to efficient impression delivery. Through optimization we retarget potential buyers who engaged with the ads and suppress those who would never buy.
Learn more about our marketplace here.
ROAS: 23% above advertiser’s benchmark
Viewability: 30% above MOAT benchmark
SPI (Sales per Impression): 7% higher than average
CTR: 30% above Yieldmo’s benchmark
Scroll rate: 60% above Yieldmo’s benchmark
**Verified by Comscore